Monday, February 14, 2011

A Tale of Two Monsters

I got an email a few days ago from my sister, asking if I could make a baby boy's t-shirt for a friend who had just adopted a baby after a very long wait. The friend makes these adorable crocheted monsters, so a cute monster theme was requested. I scoured my monster embroidery files (a have A LOT! I love monsters), and my sister chose a couple favorites.

Well, I just couldn't decide which one to use, or which fabric, so I made two. Whichever one Sandi doesn't choose will go up on Cobblestone Park. So here you go, Sandi - let me know which one you'd like!

Option #1:

Embroidery: Urban Threads
Fabric: Hemp stripe from Bamblue Fabrics
Size: 6-9 months
Hat Pattern: NCBE



I made one of these, a short-sleeve version, for my little monster too.

Option #2:

Same pattern as above, just different UT embroidery and fabric.

It's a grey, rainy day here in Northern California, so my pictures are not the greatest. This shirt is much brighter in real life!


My sister, by the way, is quite the crafty lady herself. Knitting, crocheting, beading, weaving, sewing, probably some I've never heard of before....you name the craft, she can do it, and do it spectacularly well. You can find out more about her many, many creative talents here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh SURE, I have to CHOOSE between two completely adorable outfits. Uh, THAT one, no no THAT one. ARGH..

    OK. I'll be good. I'll choose. In a minute. :P
    They're so cute!!!
    xo
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete