Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's spring! No, wait - it's still winter!

We have had some seriously odd weather this winter. 70 degree days in the middle of January? Not totally unheard of for northern California, but I haven't seen it in a long time. Especially an "early spring" that goes on for weeks! It was fabulous. The kids were wearing shorts and begging to go to the pool (uh, no. My minimum temperature for pool-going is 85 degrees), all the flowers bloomed, and, just like some ancient springtime ritual, Shane's allergies kicked in and he started sneezing messily and miserably every 30 seconds. But like all good things, it had to come to an end. Winter has decided to reassert its authority this week (heavy sigh). It's pouring down rain today and it's so cold, I thought for sure the rain was going to turn to snow.

With all of this gray and gloom, I was quite happy to finish up these girly dragon outfits (one for my daughter and one for Cobblestone Park). Just looking at the colors puts me in a much better mood! I can *almost* feel that sunshine on my face.

This outfit puts me in a good mood for two other reasons: 1) I have a new favorite skirt pattern, Farbenmix Emely, and 2) I have a new favorite embroidered thingy, Jolitags from Huups.

Shirt: Farbenmix Lore
Skirt: Farbenmix Emely
Dragon Embroidery: http://www.stickbaer.com/
All other Embroidery: Huups

That's the Jolitag there on the pocket. So cute! I just can't get over it.

Here's the back of the shirt.

Now, I am in my happy place. I get to plan my next move, sewing wise. I love that part of sewing - having a totally blank slate, and tons of ideas floating around in my head. Not to mention a boatload of new trim and embroidery designs to work with (um, I've been kind of bad lately. Shhhh...don't tell my husband! He doesn't read my blog, does he?)

No comments:

Post a Comment