The pattern itself is easy enough, although I decided to make it vastly more complicated by adding the ruffles. I was totally committed to the ruffles, though, after seeing a version of this skirt on flickr that totally captivated me. And now, maddeningly, I cannot find that picture! Argh!
Anyhow, there were lots of ruffles, so I wanted lots of ruffles. The problem is, I always underestimate how much fabric I need to do ruffles. I had about 3/4 yard left of the gingham after cutting out the skirt panels, which I figured was plenty. Wrong. I had to keep piecing together scraps, thinking, surely this time I'll have enough! There was much switching my serger back and forth between rolled hem and serging - we all know how fun that is! Well, I just barely had enough, and it's not perfect, but I don't think anybody is going to look at the back of this skirt and say, "Well, it's pretty cute, but if only you had made your ruffles a little bit longer!"
Pattern: Jolijou Adelinde
I'll be making one of these for Cobblestone Park, eventually, but of course I'll be using a different gingham as all I have left of this one are some tiny scraps.