Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3 Shirts for Finn

A friend of mine from Sewing Mamas asked me to do some long-sleeved versions of a couple of my recent boy's shirts. I was happy to do them, as Cathi has been a tremendous inspiration for me - I can pretty easily point to her super-cool boy sewing as the main reason why I bought an embroidery machine in the first place.

I've sewn for Cathi's son before, with rather disastrous results. Not long after I joined Sewing Mamas, she contacted me and asked if I wanted to do a clothing swap. Having only been sewing a bit longer than a year at that point, I was terribly nervous. What pattern to make! What fabric to use! What embroidery design to stitch! It was a little nerve-wracking, to be honest. Well, I finally got everything done and shipped off to Australia. A few weeks later, she very diplomatically asked if I had any leftover ribbing from the necklines of the shirts, as none of them would fit over her son's head. I was pretty mortified, as you can imagine.

Anyway, I hope these will fit over his head. I cut the ribbing extra long, just in case.

Freezer Paper Stenciled Darth Vader

Dragon embroidery from Urban Threads

Zig Zag Frame embroidery from Huups

Embroidery from tinimi.eu

Pattern for all shirts is Ottobre 1/10



1 comment:

  1. Darth Vader looks amazing! It must have taken forever with all those little pieces!

    ReplyDelete