Thursday, January 13, 2011

A fancy Vida

Our school district is in the midst of a severe budget crisis. Well, not just our district; most public schools in the state are suffering from unprecedented budget cuts. The end result is crowded classrooms, program cuts, layoffs, you name it. It's the crowded classrooms that bother me the most. When my son started kindergarten, there were 20 kids in his class. Two years later, my daughter started kindergarten. There are 27 children in her class. It's just terrible.

Anyway, our school is having an auction to raise money for the school, so I thought I'd make a Farbenmix Vida as a donation. I just love how this turned out! I actually went out and bought fabric for this dress - I didn't use my stash. I can't remember the last time I did that!






The back:


Pattern: Farbenmix Vida
Fabric: Moda Bliss by Bonnie and Camille

This dress will just be the "sample" shown at the auction, after which it will become my daughter's. The winning bidder will be able to choose what size they want, and I will make the whole thing again! Thank heavens I've got a couple of months before I have to repeat the process. Although now I have to turn my attention to the other donations I am making: a boy's shirt (sounds boring, but I'll try to make it worthwhile) and a baby outfit.

Cross your fingers that they bring in some money for our school!

No comments:

Post a Comment