Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lavendula

Another new pattern to love! Well, new to me, anyway. As usual, I started lusting after this pattern upon seeing endless amazing examples of it on Flickr. I finally realized that the pattern comes from Hexchen Marie, an incredibly talented lady whose beautiful work I've come to know over at Sewing Mamas. The pattern does come with an English translation, but honestly, it goes together so easily that you probably don't need it! I love it - very quick and easy, and the opportunities for embellishment are fantastic.

Here is my first attempt, made from some of Moda's Hello Betty fabric that I scored from a friend of mine who was destashing. At first, I rolled the hem of the ruffle in black - I don't know what I was thinking! It looked terrible! So, I quickly fixed that by adding the yellow velvet ric rac - much better. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the fabric to make another one for Cobblestone Park.





Embroidery: Kunterbunt
Crocheted Flowers: AnnieDesign

That one came together so easily, that I decided to whip out another. This one took a little bit longer due to that embroidery. 27 color changes and about 30,000 stitches. Ugh! My heart kind of sank when I saw that, but I was determined to use it, as I already had chosen the matching sewing tape for this shirt and would not be talked out of it! Besides, it's freakin' adorable. This one is listed as a custom on Cobblestone Park.









Pattern: Lavendula
Embroidery and Sewing Tape:  Janea's World


In other news, my friend's adorable little girl turned 3 over the weekend, so I made her this dress:


Pattern: Portabello Pixies Claire
Embroidery: None. GASP!

No comments:

Post a Comment