Friday, December 2, 2011

More Missoni and more recycling

As I said, I'm slowly but surely making myself a new Missoni wardrobe. I decided my wardrobe was incomplete without a zig zag hooded cardigan (I mean, of course, right?). The odd thing is that there really aren't many hooded sweater coat/cardigan patterns to be found anywhere. I did try a vintage-ish juniors pattern last year that was so enormous that I use it as a bathrobe. I finally found a vintage Kwik Sew pattern that generally fit the bill. That pattern coupled with this fabric give it a funky 70's vibe, which I happen to love but realize it may not be for everybody.

I lined it with the slate gray bamboo jersey that I have in the store, making this super-luxurious!

Pattern: Vintage Kwik Sew 619

Still trying to decide what to do with the rest of my Missoni fabric, but you will probably see a Missoni Parts 3, 4, and 5 in future posts!

As my embroidery machine was still in the shop, I decided to continue recycling old t-shirts. I had forgotten how much fun it is, but of course using up more vintage shirts meant I had to restock my supplies. Skoober and I have spent the last few days perusing thrift stores looking for more. In the process, we found a Mario Kart robe in just his size, which I think has now become his most prized possession.

But anyway, I digress. Here are a few more recycled shirts for my older kiddos. This first one is actually a man's shirt made into a dress for my daughter, using a Jalie t-shirt pattern as a base:

And this one is a Farbenmix Antonia Scooby Doo shirt. The original shirt was enormous. It is really hard to imagine a grown man (and an awfully large one at that) wearing a Scooby Doo shirt, but that's probably why it was in Goodwill to begin with:



1 comment:

  1. I love it all but the dress you made for your daughter is amazing! Great score on the tshirt!

    ReplyDelete