Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bamblue Fabrics is open for business!

It's official: I am now in the fabric business. I got my final shipment of inventory yesterday, and put everything up on Etsy last night. Within minutes of adding my first listing, I even had a sale! Granted, it was to a friend of mine who, if all goes well, will likely become my first employee as well, but still, it was quite an exhilarating moment.

What is in stock right now are the bamboo jerseys, bamboo french terry, and the hemp stripes. The bamboo french terry is nothing short of divine. When those rolls arrived yesterday, I seriously had to restrain myself from spreading them out on the floor and rolling around in them - they are that soft.

I will also be adding some other, non-bamboo knits in the near future.

Here is the link to the store:
Bamblue Fabrics

In other news, I am ramping up my inventory for my second Etsy store, Cobblestone Park. By "ramping up" I actually mean "sewing into the wee hours of the night." I've got eight girl's shirts cut out, and am about halfway through embroidering them.  Let me be totally honest: these are some seriously cute shirts, probably the best I've ever done. When they are finished, I'll put a sneak peak up on this blog so you can preview them before they go live!

As for a stock date, I hope to have all the shirts done in the next couple days, then I'll do a few boy's shirts and probably a fancy Vida, like the one I did for the auction. I ordered my clothing labels and hang tags yesterday, so those should arrive in ten days or so. So, hopefully, Cobblestone Park will be open for business just before Valentine's Day! I'll keep you posted here on the blog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment